samedi, janvier 10, 2004

Went round to Peters after work and we pulled the engine and gearbox from the Traction. Interesting as its the first time for me. Pretty simple, not that I expected otherwise and Peter regaled me with a tale of pulling the engine and gearbox from a Light 15 in a campsite on a rally. How they lifted it out I don't know! Of course the list if things that need replacing just got longer and longer as we worked.

Now its out, we have some more stripping down to do, but really now there is some very messy cleaning to do, followed by repainting etc. This is actually a good thing as it was pretty grotty under there and now it will allow me to get a head start with the engine bay detailing

Peter wants to drive over to CTA in Holland weekend after next and I am scheduled to go with him. Thats causing me problems with Laura as the weekend after I am in Barcelona and she is going to be sitting at home. Roll on the pet passports clearing in a few months so we can start driving abroad again