dimanche, janvier 04, 2004

OK, another wasted day. Well not quite, but lets see if we can get a balance here between optimism and pessimism. On the upside, we saw Mum for the first time in a while and I had a very pleasant chat. She seems well and the presents were great - can't wait to try out the breadmaker. Trouble is the guilt, she has spent a lot of money on us and we didn't even give her anything even though I have a much greater disposible income than her. We are giving her an old PC so that she can get online and she will need a lot of my time to get up and running, so maybe there is a trade-off. I can't really afford to spend more money on her but I can afford time (especially if I can get my life sorted out).

Something else I can do for her is to detail her car, even though she doesn't think that she needs it I think she will be pleased with the results and if I finish it with Autoglyms SR then the finish should last for a while By then I should have some pads and products so I may finish with the Clearkote carnuba wax for some instant pop.

So, on the upside then an old lesson relearnt - you should spend what you have, if you have time spend that, if you have money then spend that instead. Receiving gifts gives pleasure to the giver so that was good but there needs to be some balance.

On the downside, another wasted day and again a factor was a late start. As a penalty I kept to my rule that if I did not wash the car before taking the dogs out then I don't get to detail it.

We still have to start the wish list - maybe I should start that in a minute. I should already be packing up and moving upstairs to get ready for tomorrow but I will push it out for another 25 minutes. Target is to finish off down here, start the list and make an action plan for tomorrow.